
So, wow, Bella and Emmett make a pretty hot pair, don't they? I wonder if those crazy kids will wind up together.....WAIT!!!! I'm not Team Emmett! I'm Team Edward! So for all of you whose allegiance was wavering after fragile's amazing last chapter, what if I told you I thought I could win you back with the story of how Bella and Edward met? Intrigued? Good! Because I present to you the teaser for Chapter 4, No Time To Wallow:
“Are you waiting for me to knight you?” she teased, her voice flowed like honey: soft and slow and unbearably sweet. Edward knew he was making a idiot of himself, but he continued to kneel before her. It just seemed the most prudent thing to do in the face of such perfection.
“Would you?” he replied with amusement. He stood up and looked down in to her unusual dark eyes. They seemed to be a peculiar shade of violet, almost burgundy, but he paid less attention to their color than he did to the jovial light in them. This gorgeous creature was flirting with him, and he wasn’t going to let the moment slip away on trivialities.
“Well now, I’m not sure,” he continued with mock deliberation. “Would my lady liege be beneficent or cruel?” While the woman before him was clearly stunning, there was something about her expression that told him she wasn’t all sunshine and light. It made her oddly more attractive, although he’d never been one to chase after vixens.
She laughed, and the sound of it made him think of the first time he had caught a single, perfect snowflake on his tongue as a child: cool and crisp and miraculous. He shook his head a little, trying to focus on the woman before him and not the way she was turning him into a giddy fool.
“Oh, definitely cruel,” she assured him. “Good is so over-rated.” She continued to stare into his eyes as if she were searching for something in them. His heart stuttered at the thought that she might see something special in him, then beat harder, wishing with every beat that she would.
The playlist song is "Light My Fire" by The Doors. Sorry you can't see it here, they've disabled the embedding, but I love this particular version, where they sing it on the Ed Sullivan Show. I hope you enjoy!
The new chapter will be posted to FFn Wednesday. Our Twilighted beta is LIGHTENING fast so I have high hopes that the chapter will post there on Wednesday as well.





6 comments:
Ok, I'm fucking teased. FUCKING teased!!
I love, love, love the snowflake... such a beautiful picture. Ok, your vamps are not icecold, but still unnaturally cool - you said so.
So I imagine the snowflake would actuanlly not melt at once, like it would on a human tongue.
It WOULD be crispy for a moment....
uh I like those little deets. They're calling: "inspired writing, inspired writing!!" And I will follow the call, for shizzle!!!
Betti, I'm glad you enjoyed the teaser. I had fun writing this chapter. :)
As for the snowflake, Edward was still human in his memory, so it melted immediately.
SQUEE!!! *prances around office clapping hands* Can't wait!
Fuck me, I love that picture!! Hell, I'm writing the B & Em lemons, and I still swooned like a little girl when I read how B & E met. *swoon* See?! ;)
OH!! I can't wait!! Our brooding little champion is going to meet his Lady Vixen! OH Tra la la!! I wonder if it will end in a sword fight? ;)
I love you all so much, do you know that???
Post a Comment